Wednesday 2 January 2013

2012 and My New Years resolution for 2013

Last January I was feeling depressed that our first go at IVF had failed I didn't feel like anything in my life was moving forward. I don't know what happened but sometime in February we started to do more things, plan activities for the weekends it probably came from trying to take our minds off things, but we started to feel better and soon after this we made the decision to have one more try at IVF even tho this time it would cost us £3500, luckily and very kindly Matt's parents paid for it, this time we decided that we would wait and do it in the summer holidays this meant I didn't have to take any time off from work and it was less stressful.
In the meantime we continued having fun doing walks, visiting new places and camping. In August we had IVF and it failed again, it was upsetting but we had to make a decision we could carry on trying but have no kind of life scrimping and saving and it might still never work or we could make the most of what we've got and actually it had been pretty good just the two of us.
Then shortly afterwards we said we'd look after my sisters dog, Max who we ended up keeping and I cannot tell you how much he's changed our lives he gets us out, he's waiting when we get home and its lovely to have something to care for.
2012 has been the best year for a lot of reasons most of all realising that what we have isn't all that bad after all. In the words of one of my favourite films 'It's a wonderful life!'
As well as all that its been the best year to be British with the diamond jubilee, the Olympics and the Paralympics it's been amazing, 2013 has a lot to live upto!

I want to make sure that in 2013 I make the most of every opportunity. I want to make sure that every weekend I do something note worthy that I can put in my blog. It doesn't have to be out somewhere, it could be a craft that I wanted to do, a book that I have read, a recipe that I have tried but most of all I want to do new things.
Here are some of the things I'd like to do:
Travel
Camping
Knitting
Walks
Hiking
Climbing
Swimming
Cycling
Body boarding
Cross stitch
Crocheting
Crafting
Baking new things
Cooking new things

No comments:

Post a Comment