Thursday 28 April 2011

A day to myself.

I love days off, and as much as this sounds bad I like it when I'm off on my own, I can get stuck into my creative activities without feeling guilty about other things I should be doing.
So yesterday I spent the day getting to grips with my sewing machine and creating a surprise for another one of my sisters Evangeline's birthday. It's actually her birthday today but I can't tell you what I have made yet because I will only see her tomorrow. We are doing a tea party for her tomorrow afternoon, she's 32 but you're never too old for a tea party!
I also started my next knitting project. On Tuesday Rebekah and I went to Manchester to a place called Abakhan it's on Oldham street in the Northern Quarter. And if you haven't been it's definitely worth a visit.
I got the knitting pattern from there for 10p!! It's a pattern for a short sleeved shrug, it's made from all one piece and it looks simple enough (famous last words!) I also bought the wool, some lovely fabric and lots of other stuff, it was great, daunting at first but the staff there are very helpful.
They do have a website www.abakhan.co.uk  which is good but doesn't do it justice.
Afterwards we went to a little place on the same street called 'Sweet Tooth Cupcakery' which is also worth a vist whilst your there, it's one of those places that you go to and think "this is my kind of place" it was full of retro posters and vintage style decorations, you are given vintage china tea cups with mismatched saucers, it's great. Rebekah has a dairy free diet and who loves cupcakes but there are very few places that cater for her, but the cupcakery always does at least one Vegan cupcake(which she can have) and one Gluten free cupcake. They also do Vegan shakes which she can have too. The website for it is http://sweettoothcupcakery.co.uk/ have a look at the beautiful cupcakes.
It wasn't supposed to be nice weather yesterday but it became lovely and sunny in the afternoon so I sat out in the garden for a bit. This is the life!

No comments:

Post a Comment