When I decided 8 weeks ago to start a knitting project I found a pattern in a shop bargain bin for 10p. It was a pattern for a shrug, you knit it all in one piece and it looked simple enough so I thought it'd probably take me a couple of weeks at most. First big mistake...now it's 8 weeks later!! But I got there in the end.
I'm pretty proud of myself but it's not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, there was a few times when I thought I'd wrecked it altogether. The other massive mistake was... however much wool it tells to you to get .. get more. I ran out and was unable to get more, so I had to finish 2 rows earlier than I should have and only had a little bit of wool to cast off. Luckily I had some embroidery thread that was similar to the colour of the wool so i used that.
Surprisingly it doesn't look too bad, see for yourself:
At least I've learnt some valuable lessons along the way :-) and it really goes well with my favourite summer dress so I'm all ready for my holidays!